Wednesday, March 19, 2014

It just keeps getting better.

Every person who comes into our club has to check in with the front desk. And then, I have to remind them that they are entering a health club, not a homeless shelter.
The JCC in Worcester where my mother has volunteered and been a member for 12 years STILL makes her pay a guest fee for me when I visit, and we STILL have to check in at the front desk.
They run a business, and they need to make money. It's pretty fucking simple.
At least 3 times on every shift I get nasty looks from people who aren't able to enter to club for free. They think because they know a member, they are entitled to a free entry.
They think because they have lived in Boulder for X number of years, they are entitled an entry.
They thing because they're THEM, they are entitled an entry.
Well, let me tell you folks something. You ain't entitled to nothing. NOTHING!
I don't understand where people get this shit.
So renovations start next week. Thankfully, I'll be gone.
Renovations mean change. And change is bad. Change is progress, and for Christ's sake, we don't like that. Don't take away what we know! What we're comfortable with!
I can't even begin to try to explain, but let me do that tomorrow. When I'm sober. right now, I have overindulged after having to tell about 50 members that they need a new membership card. A new card!!!!! No!!!! It's THE END OF THE FUCKING WORLD!!!!!

No comments: