Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Shut the f*ck up!

In class on Saturday we did our taped 30-minute therapy sessions which we then had to watch and evaluate. All I can say is, holy put words in your client's mouth. She talked a lot, so I had to interrupt her to get a word in edgewise, which I'm not sure is kosher to begin with, but then, when it was my turn to talk, I just took off! Boy, do I know everything, or what? In my evaluation paper, I referred to my response as a soliloquy. I'm hoping my teacher will get a kick out of that. SSMG thought I should mention that my hair looked really good, but as usual, I have to be careful about my audience. Most people don't have my fabulous sense of humor. And let me remind you that all of this work is still JUST TO GET INTO THE F*ING SCHOOL!
My ego's hurting. For several reasons, but not the least of which is because I just returned from a personal training session where I learned new moves and it sucked. Suddenly I'm a 98 pound weakling, but I'm not close to 98 pounds. In fact, at one point I patted my belly and said, "Maybe this'll help me to lose this!" To which I got no reply. It's time for a diet. The guy's like 25 years old. I must look like an out-of-shape old lady to him. I think I need to hang out with older people. In response, I got healthy. I'm eating an apple and drinking a beer.
My friend Darrin lost his father yesterday. It makes me so sad. Since my father died, I feel terrible for anyone else who loses someone. It's never good. It's never easy. Darrin and Alison, our thoughts are with you. And you should know that's true because of the fact that I actually diverted from writing about me on my blog.

No comments: