Friday, April 16, 2010

We danced before the fire.



I don't mean in front of the fire, I mean PRIOR to the fire. The fire in Taylor's hair, that is. Boy, you try to do something nice, and then you set your friend's hair on fire.
But that seems to be a theme in this friendship.

Let me back up, 'cause there's a terribly tragic past. Years ago I dogsat for Charles, Taylor's golden lab. You all know how much I love dogs and that I would never, ever do anything to hurt one. Charles needed a bath, so I tied him to the BBQ and proceeded to soap him up. Well, Charles didn't like the sweet, flowery scent of the soap and he bolted, but remember, he was tied up to the BBQ. I didn't really think twice about this, and I took him to Petsmart and got him bathed. After a few days with me, I noticed he seemed out of sorts and kind of cowered in the corner. I took him for a run, and unlike his usual self, he couldn't keep up, which makes me so sad I just want to die. Poor Charles.
Turns out, he had something wrong with his neck and shortly thereafter had to be put to sleep.
I hurt Charles. I may have even killed Charles. This is one of the most regretable moments of my entire life.

Okay, let's pause and have a good cry...

Saturday night I threw Taylor a surprise Disco party, and boy was she surprised when the extra-long candles on her birthday cake ignited her hair in flames. And do you know what Taylor said? "First you kill my dog and then you set my hair on fire!" Jesus! Why is this woman still friends with me? I wouldn't be! I can only assume she has a heart of gold and is working on forgiveness in her daily personal growth practices. I mean, the dog is one thing, but the hair?
Unforgiveable.
Despite the mishap, a good time was had by all, and I have a 4-hour long disco music mix to prove it. Lest you think I've changed, fear not.

No comments: