Friday, February 5, 2010

WARNING: CATTLE GRAZING

Huh?
I was running at beautiful Teller Farms this morning with a spectacular view of the mountains when I saw this sign and panicked. I mean, what could it mean? I hadn't been afraid of cows before, but now, well, a new thing to worry about. Take a number.
It's Boulder. If we're not worried about Haitians starving, Darfurians being slaughtered, global warming, corn starch - take your pick - we damn well better worry about cattle grazing.
What are they, gonna stampede us? What are the options here?
Warning, cattle grazing may mistake you for a blade of grass. (Plenty of emaciated runners out, it's possible.)
Warning, cattle grazing may get pissed if you graze on their territory.
Warning, your dog make provoke cow envy and anger.
I just can't get my arms around this one, and when one cow crossed my path on the trail, it was such a pleasure for me to wait and let him walk right in front of me! I mean, it's a COW!
Once again, Boulder might be missing a bit of perspective. But hey, it's all worth it when I can run at the base of the Rocky Mountains in sunshine surrounded by cows and other friendly creatures.

No comments: