Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Decade, Old Woman

God help me. It's 2010, I'm no further along in life and I'm too cynical to make New Years Resolutions. It's snowing outside and SSMG is compulsively shoveling. It's been snowing now for two days and he won't let anything accumulate. I guess he's worried we won't get out. I'm not really concerned. If we don't get out, we stay home on the couch and, well, we know how I feel about that. Thing is, even after he clears all the snow, we stay home anyway. Plenty of Netflix movies to watch and a dog that would like nothing better than for us to stay home with him.
My attempt at New Years resolutions results in one. To get out of bed every morning. It feels achievable. And then, well, you never know what can happen once you're up, right? Like, for instance, yesterday I won a free round trip ticket on Frontier airlines which I found out only because I got out of bed to read my email. That gives me another goal - to use that ticket and go somewhere! Pretty damn exciting if you ask me.
So, women 40+, do me a favor and support the website that awarded me this little New Years gift and motivated me to get out of bed not just today, but every day. http://www.midchix.com/

No comments: