Tuesday, March 24, 2009

9,000 square feet is too small AND I don't want to hear it anymore

I'm staying in English's mansion. The house is large and there are five bedrooms from which to choose, but I can't find a quiet spot to be alone. Workmen are hammering, as always in this three year project they call a home. The best I could do was close the door to the room upstairs directly across from where they are on their ladders peering through the window. It's a vast house, but doesn't feel the least bit private. Isn't that weird?
English is in bad shape. She can't walk on one of her hind legs. I took her to the doctor who said she may have a torn cushiate ligament. I can't get her to take her pills: truly the pickiest dog ever. They're pain pills English! Don't you know how good they'll make you feel?
Meantime I'm in the midst of my Colorado visits/eating frenzy. Since there's nothing else to do with people, I plan visits around meals and I'm booked for lunch and dinner every day. This morning I ran for two hours to burn off yesterday's food. Great run on the trails out here with a beautiful panoramic view of the mountains and my mood is good.
Except for one thing. Guess what friends? I DON'T WANT TO HEAR YOUR POLITICAL VIEWS ANYMORE!!!! I've got friends on both sides of the fence who you would swear know everything and have all the answers. Amazing how everyone can be president but the president, huh? After the 1/2 hour Republican rant yesterday - apparently our country is changing in a fundamental way that will be the downfall of all of us - I have had it. I have had it with my Obama-worshipping, hypocritical, democratic friends who would never part with their weekly manicures, yoga retreats and trips to Whole Foods, but damn! Isn't it great being a political activist and feeling like you're saving the world? And I have had it with the other guys who, quite frankly, sound like paranoid conspiracy theorists. Stop whining from the decks of your beautiful homes just to show us all how smart you are and how dumb we are. Okay? (And SSMG thinks I don't care about anything. HA!)
A friend has requested I join Twitter. Uch. After my bout with Facebook, I have no desire to have any of my life be public.
Yes, I see the irony.

No comments: