Thursday, February 21, 2008

P90X & Marriage

In the past week I left my day job, got a substitute job at the front desk of the health club, declared to the owner of the health club that I would be working towards my personal training certification, ahem, and received the P90X videos that are going to turn me rock solid in 90 days. So much goes on in my imagination.

I watched these P90X videos on our portable DVD player from the comfort of my bed. They're really hard.

I'm so on my nerves. Did you ever just get annoyed with yourself? I'm bored by me. I think I'm spending too much time with me. Did you ever just want to be someone else for a little while? Of course then they'd get on my nerves and it would go on and on.

Sometimes someone else can say something so much more eloquently than me. Anne Lamott from Grace (Eventually) : The sun blazed down on us. I took it personally, as I do everything - I can't seem to learn how not to, or at any rate, I'm the slowest learner in class.

And this gem of brilliance: A good marriage is supposed to be one where each spouse secretly thinks he or she got the better deal.

That is so ON. If each feels they are lucky to have the other, they'll both be happy. We're not married, and consequently SSMG is not my spouse, but in terms of a relationship working, I feel lucky to have him. I mean, what's he doing with ME? Even if I did graduate from Cornell. I suppose I'll have to continue to put on my facade of being charming and witty and fun for the rest of our days together to keep the score even and to keep us each secretly feeling insecure and unworthy which really is the secret to a successful relationship.

No comments: