Saturday, December 1, 2007

Blogging breeds blogging

I made a discovery while working on publicity for a book called Half-Assed. The author lost almost 200 pounds and went from being fat to thin all by eating healthier and exercising. She blogs about her journey.
Like all other bloggers, I hope to be discovered someday as a writer and be commissioned to write a book. It doesn't seem to be happening. But of course, no one will find my blog as long as it's on blogger. The author's blog is its own domain, and it is linked to an entire network of weight/fitness-related blogs. Go to www.elasticwaist.com and the 15 or so links are there. They blog and they all know each other, and they, apparently, have been discovered! Where have I been? I write about my weight obsession all the time! I write about my binges and my muffin top and how I hate my body sometimes and all that crap and do I get discovered? No! Crap. I keep missing the boat. Excuse me while I stuff my face with M&Ms and take a nap.

No comments: