Monday, July 30, 2007

Happy, Happy Ray, the happiest dog in the world

Today I made the switchover from Ruby and Pearl's house to Ray's house. Today was filled with driving back and forth from east to south Boulder making sure all animals were happy. Somewhere in between there, I really needed a nap.
When I arrived at Ray's house (with Ruby, they get along splendidly and her parents don't get home until late tonight), all I wanted to do was sleep having not slept well last night (Restless Leg Syndrome) and waking up at 5:00 to, sadly, take SSM guy to the airport. But sleep was not in the cards. I jumped up on the bed (another very HIGH bed) and immediately Ruby jumped up there with me. The whole time I was at her house, she never once jumped up on the bed; hence, the accident in my preceding entry that nearly caused a concussion but turned out to be a hangover. She kind of snuggled up to me when Ray, seeing he was being left out, jumped up on the bed and nuzzled Ruby out of the way. A sad Ruby jumped back down and paced the house, whining like I've never heard her whine. She was agitated, clearly. No nap.
Took Ruby back home where Edith was cleaning, and not wanting to reveal that it was I who shed hair all over the place, I took Ruby out for coffee. But I didn't want coffee, so we sat outside Cafe Sole on a bench together. Back to the house to face the music, say hello to Edith who didn't mention my hair (I don't think Edith speaks english) and put Ruby in her cage so she'd be out of the way. :(
Back to Ray's house for my nap. It was at this particular time that every single one of my friends decided they needed to talk to me. The phone rang and rang until 4:00 when it was time to go back Ruby's house and walk her.
Took Ruby for a walk around the lake, back to the house, locked her up in her cage again :( and back to Ray's for a walk with him.
I am exhausted. And through all of this I have not yet seen English!! How did it come to this? How did I become the dogsitting fool that I am? Oh, these animals. They kill me with their sweet little needy faces. And don't even get me started on Pearl. SSM guy was here for 4 days, and I think she stole his heart. Where does this leave me? Thanks Pearl.

1 comment:

SoBo Classifieds said...

The animals miss you. Especially since we aren't letting Pearl sleep on our heads and Ruby hasn't been walked since your lake jaunt. Oh those halcyon days of returning to an insane work schedule after two weeks away. You are the house sitter queen. You Rock.