Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A Fresh Start

I need new material. I just read through old blog posts. I'm taking on the project of rebuilding my blog to be more public and topical. I'll keep this one always because I like to write about myself, apparently, but soon I will be designing and launching a blog that addresses some specific topic. I just don't know what it will be.
Reading through my old blog posts, I discovered that there are several themes in my life and I am becoming a broken record. Those themes are:
Self-deprecation and Self-hatred.
Obsessions with all things food related.
Lack of ambition and motivation.
Procrastination tendencies.
Mental illness.
This has inspired me to, quite simply, change. Starting now, I'm not going to be the same person I've been for 45 years. I am going to tell a different story. I'm going to think about different things. I'm going to be upbeat and bubbly. I'm going to see the bright side of life. I'm going to think I'm the shit. I'm not going to try to make everyone else happy. I'm not going to care if anyone else likes me. I am going to be strong, empowered, independent.
I've started by buying myself new boots. I think I'm off to a great start.

No comments: