Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Sam's Nostrils

Hi. My name is Bubble Girl and I'm an obsessoholic.
I obsess about little, insignificant things. It starts small with a healthy does of concern, and then it grows and grows into a monster until I have butterflies in my stomach, I can't sleep and (happily) I have trouble eating. Granted we have lots going on with the impending three day drive to Colorado. I'm worried about SSMG and I surviving the trip intact and in love. I'm worried that he might not be able to work efficiently there and will decide against a move. I'm worried we'll decide on a move and I'll have to tell my mother. I'm worried about my apartment selling. But none of this, really, is what keeps me up at night.
Last night I was awake, worrying, because Sam seems to have a tree growing out of his right nostril. A few days ago, something was hanging off his nostril that we couldn't get off. I thought it was dried snot. Eventually I bit the bullet and tugged it off. Two days later, it was back. Four days later, he has a lump of something inside his nose which, at the least, is a big ball of dried snot. Last night I was convinced it was a nest of insects sprouting branches. So, along with my throbbing blood blister from running, my tendonitis in my leg, my upset stomach from worrying, my sinuses hurting and my general insomnia for the last four days which has led to my new addiction to Ambien, I was obsessing about Sam's nostril.
You know, for awhile there in my life I was carefree and happy and I slept. I have no memory of that period. It appears to be gone forever.
I am Bubble Girl, and I am an obsessoholic.

No comments: