Sunday, January 13, 2008

Gaining Perspective and Pounds

So I was at my mother's today and told her that I was running in the Boston marathon this year. She said, "Well, you've already run all the other ones, this completes it!"
I've run NYC & Chicago.
Then, my brother and I were explaining to her about qualifying to get into Boston, and how I didn't but I got a number anyway. She said, "Well you certainly should qualify!"
We laughed. I said I should have her call the Boston race directors and tell them that. "This is Bubble Girl's mother, and you need to let her into the Boston marathon because she qualifies."
I also learned today that my mother doesn't in fact think I'm a terrible daughter. Rather, she thinks I'm a free spirit and come and go as I please. She understands that and says that I'm living my own life and that's good.
What a great mom, huh?
It's kind of cool who I am through my mother's eyes. So after deeming mothers irrelevant and unnecessary, I've finally found their purpose!
Oh yeah, here's another diet tip from my one-dimensional bubble: If you don't want to be fat, don't eat a loaf of bread at a time and then top it off with Pound cake.