Tuesday, September 11, 2007

It's never enough...

Truly. It's never enough. Yesterday, as I was running 20 miles all by myself, I thought about the people doing ultramarathons, and how 26 miles is just a warm up jog to them. I thought, there's no excuse for me to not ace this marathon and do an ultra marathon. If I can do 20, I can do 26, and if I can do 26, I can do 30, and so on and so on. Then I thought about how much I could eat after my 20 mile run. Even more after a 50 mile run. In fact, I could eat ALL THE TIME and still burn off all the calories. So basically, my life would consist of eating, running and sleeping. Eat, run, sleep. Eat, run, sleep.
Then I thought about how I would have to keep my bones healthy and strong which would mean I'd still have to lift weights at the gym. And since I'm running and lifting weights all the time I'd need to do yoga to be flexible.
But then, that's not enough, because people who run ultramarathons can certainly do triathlons and adventure races, and then it's just a hop, skip and a jump up Everest.
I became so exhausted by these thoughts, that I decided to nap instead.

No comments: