Friday, September 28, 2007

ADD and you can't take me anywhere


Some of you are familiar with my affinity towards calling into talk radio shows. There was the post-Columbine "Do you people know what a swastika is?????"

There was the post disruptive child and family being asked off the airplane "Why don't parents just give their kids valium before a plane ride?"

And yesterday it was true confessions on the Eagan and Braude show (Margery & Jim, above). They asked for callers to call in with dishonest behavior stories. I told them how I walk into health clubs and movies without paying. Margery said, "We might have to make a citizen's arrest." Jim was a little bit more with the program saying that movies were understaffed and that the workers didn't give a shit (not phrased in quite that way). Which was my point. But I feared for a couple of hours that they would trace my cellphone and find me.

Anyway, clearly, I need a life.

I have a deadline today and I haven't started the project. So I'm blogging. I'm trying to figure out why I'm so on top of everything except work. I get everything done, except work. The other day I was shopping for SSM guy's birthday present, and I was in the car for, oh, about 4 hours just driving around and changing my mind at every corner. I had one purpose, but on the way to my destination, so many other things occurred to me that I got distracted and kept changing my course. Then I got hungry and obsessed about food until I finally went home, had lunch and prepared to work. That was at 2:00. Until 5:00 I played on my computer, mostly iTunes, until SSM guy got home and I was done for the day.

Sunday is his birthday and I'm making a very big deal out of it. Taking him on a surprise journey tomorrow (yes, we have a definite destination). Will report back on Monday.

No comments: