Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Sopranos

If you haven't seen the last episode, don't read today's blog. (Um, who am I kidding, no one's reading this anyway.)
I've been given "constructive criticism" again that my writing is too personal. So I'm going to make an effort to write about things that don't have to do with me.
The Sopranos was a big disappointment. My brother taped it for me, so when the screen went blank at the end - the sudden anti-climactic ending - I thought the tape was damaged and I missed something, but lo and behold, that was it. Jesus. We're not morons! Either the show isn't really over and they'll have an encore, or it'll turn into a movie. Whatever. I feel manipulated. The whole country tuned into the last episode to see something final happen. To have closure! And we're left hanging? What, they couldn't come up with anything? Here's an ending guys - the family gets killed and Tony goes to jail. Goodbye! We can all go on with our lives! I feel like I have a suppressed sneeze, or worse. Oh, but that would be about me, and that's too personal. I'm not sure I can actually think of anything to write if it doesn't involve me. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

for what it's worth, reading about the bubble and you in the bubble is what i do when i can't be in the bubble too. so please make it personal.

i mean, who reads bubblegirl for, oh, i don't know, pint/quart/gallon conversion know-how :-)

the comparison with a suppressed sneeze was perfect, i thought... how frustrating!

SoBo Classifieds said...

Who told you that? And what's the point of Life in the Bubble without anecdotes from Bubble Girl's life? And do you REALLY want a reader who give you that feedback? Maybe they just just read another blog - like the ones on gizmodo...geez!