Wednesday, May 2, 2007

I'm Your Dreamgirl

I was advised once not to write about my dreams. Too personal, I was told. Problem is, my dreams are much more interesting than my life. I mean, I have DREAMS. Like nobody's business. Here's my theory.
There's a new movie out with Matthew Perry called "Numb." Matthew suffers from a new psychological disorder that they've termed "Depersonalization" which means, simply, numbness. Those suffering from this malady are unable to really experience their lives due to the fact that they don't feel much.
I have that! (Well, not counting SSM guy. He makes me feel.) But truly, I've long thought I've suffered from that, and I have the writing from 12 years ago to prove it - My"Memoirs of a Tums Addict" project that I'll one day get back to writing. I think I feel a lot in my dreams because I don't in my life. My motto in life: "So?"
Last night I had a dream that I was being murdered by some Mean Girls. I only recognized a couple of them. We were on a ski trip and some of them were "friends." So I was being targeted and I was with English, and guess what I did? I grabbed English, turned my back to the shooter and I got shot. But English, thank God (please notice that God is capitalized now to represent my belief in the almighty), was saved from harm.
That's how much I love that dog.
I lived, and I even ended up finding some money later in the dream that was sweet revenge when all of my murderers ended up penniless and missing their ski day because of a late start.
This morning, I am exhausted.

No comments: