Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Bubble Burst

My mother succeeded in popping the bubble last night. As a result, I changed my name.
www.stuckinthebubble.blogspot.com
Yesterday agitation made another appearance in full force. I don't know what it is about my mother that just sends me into negativity. I used to think it was my father who did that, now I know who was behind it all along. Sorry dad.
The woman means well, I realize, but the bottom line is that a mother's role becomes obsolete when her kids become adults. (Please forgive me, my mother friends.) Before that, I'm beginning to understand from friends and relatives, children need someone to tell them when to eat, shit and breathe. Mothers can sustain that role with their grandkids and never have to relinquish it, but in my case, that ain't happening.
I wish to God mom would get a dog.
Mom is concerned about my new living arrangement, i.e. me moving in with SSM guy. Yes, it's true. She has valid concerns certainly, but the bottom line is that I can't alleviate her concerns, and it's not as if I haven't thought about all of it myself. I guess that's what gets to me - I'VE ALREADY THOUGHT ABOUT IT! All along I've been really excited about this, now, thanks to my mother who only wants the best for me, I realize I was just fooling myself and things can never work out and I'm doomed to a life of unhappiness, lonliness, pain and suffering.
On a lighter note, I've been walking quite a bit and I'm hoping to get a clean bill of health from the orthopedist on Monday and be off to Colorado on Tuesday with a functioning foot. Running again, can you imagine? SSM guy is doing his first race in Vermont this weekend. I'm so psyched! He's gonna get hooked, I just know it. (And you should see his body since he started running - oh my. Have I ever mentioned in the bubble that SSM guy is gorgeous AND a genius?)

No comments: