Wednesday, April 4, 2007

BG in crisis

Okay, your friend Bubble Girl needs a hug. Now I don't want to wallow in self-pity, but I'm going to wallow in self-pity. Remember I used to be a runner and a weight lifter? Well that was long ago. About 2 weeks ago to be exact. Now, I'm just a lump, like Ray. I can't seem to get rid of my "muffin top," and summer is approaching. SSM guy likes the way I looked 2 summers ago, and if I can't return to that shape and color, I may be cast aside.
Then, a moment ago, I realized that all the other blogs are better and my career as a writer is a farce and a joke.
So self-image today: Chubby, poor, talentless with a very hairy and dirty left calf and what looks like a huge zit on my chin but is really a bump from where I smashed it on the car door.
I warned you, didn't I? Two weeks of this would send me over the edge? I'm going to sleep for a few days. I'll emerge next week when I'm back in Massachusetts. No, I'll emerge when I get rid of the muffin top that's weighing me down. Hopefully next week.
Yours Truly,
CBG

1 comment:

SoBo Classifieds said...

Time for an intervention. First, I need to know what a muffin top is. Then, you'll need to come over for a group hug from your adopted fam. We'll even make it a 'spa' night for your calf. Say, Friday night? :)