Sunday, March 25, 2007

Life with Still Foot

I have no reason to live.
It's hot and sunny out - perfect for getting tan. You know, my friends, that I live to be tan. The rest of the year, those winter months, are simply a time to survive until the sun reappears.
So...broken foot, cast up to my knee, not able to run and hike and bike - what everyone in Colorado is doing today - I thought, cool. I'll elevate my foot on a lounge chair and sunbathe with a screwdriver (a vodka drink, that is, and I warned the neighbor that I would be doing this, story to follow).
Then I remembered, I can't get my cast wet or I'll smell like dog poop. So I got the humungous, Costco bag of frozen strawberries and rested them on my cast. A few minutes later the strawberries started to melt and sure enough, my cast was going to get damp. I put them in a plastic bag and tried again, but the condensation passed right through the bag. Okay, so much for that. Strawberries returned to the freezer, I spent a couple more minutes in the sun, and lo and behold, my foot started sweating. Dog panting from the heat, foot sweating, still pasty, I am back inside, resting my foot on a pillow, reading, and wondering, what will I live for?

No comments: