Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Issues and Robots

I think we should have a robot as president. All the conflict and bitterness over the election is really because of the people running, right? Elections have become too much about the person and not enough about the issues. I mean, I'm guilty. I can't stand Hillary. She just rubs me the wrong way and yes, her voice is abrasive. I suppose if she talked sweeter, I'd like her better. So sue me.
I don't dislike Trump as a person per se. He makes me laugh, but I sure as hell don't want him to be president.
I like Bernie, he seems like a good guy, I like that he's an old, Jewish guy from Brooklyn. I might have voted for him, but he's not gonna make it to the election. Regardless, I'm aware of the fact that just because he's cute and a father-figure to me, doesn't mean he's going to make good policy.
We should be voting on the issues, not on our level of tolerance for the sound of the candidate's voice.
So let's have about 5 robots running. Each has a platform that's very simple and understandable to the layperson. Then, it's so easy, the robot with the most votes wins, and we implement the policies on their ticket! None of this democrat/republican divisive bullshit. None of the screaming and yelling. No more kissing babies in front of the camera.
Just plain and simple, issues and robots.

No comments: