Thursday, February 16, 2012

She's Back!

Aren't you excited? I haven't been writing, and I need to start again, so I'm starting again. I was inspired by my new friend and classmate, who sent me a link to her blog. Classmate, yes. I am in class now. I've applied for a Masters in Counseling, and for some unbeknownst reason they didn't think I was fit to start school just yet, so they are testing me in a "provisional" entry status which means that I have to pay $1500 to take a class and be evaluated by a psychotherapist who will then decide if I am emotionally "ready" to go through the course.
Needless to say, I'm skeptical. Not of the fact that I am an emotionally stable human being, but of the school itself. I am supposed to be examining whether psychotherapy is a good career fit for me, instead, I'm trying to impress my teacher with my depth, and yes, my sense of humor. I thought about referring her to my blog to get to know me, but I suppose after this entry, that wouldn't be a good idea. So an exercise in Kissing Ass Big Time is what this is. THEN, once I am in, I will decide if this is the place for me. First class we had to listen to 11 other people tell their tragic stories, and all I kept thinking was, "when's lunch?" This doesn't bode well for my future career as a therapist.
In addition to this, I have started a job in healthcare systems installing electronic order entry software in hospitals. This new career brought me to Pueblo, CO 5 weeks in a row. What can I say about Pueblo? Not much unless you want to hear about all of my meals at the Village Inn, the Loaf and Jug and alas, the Texas Roadhouse Steakhouse, best meal I had there. That was fun. Now I am on hiatus from work until they need me in Denver in a couple of weeks.
But by far the biggest news of all is that we've just been handed Sancho, the golden retriever! (Picture soon.) Our dear friends had to give him up, and we are extraordinarily sad for them. But now they can visit him any time, and he, for all intents and purposes, remains a member of the family, as I consider these friends family.
So now you're up to speed, and I will get back to the business of making you laugh. I promise. Next entry: how I struggle to get through my homework, the ADD and all.

No comments: