Tuesday, December 23, 2008

TEMPORARILY OUT OF SERVICE

Yesterday we got a box of baby wipes in the mail. Is this some kind of a hint? About our personal hygiene perhaps? Or that of the dogs? No, it's christmas presents from SSMG's family. But admittedly, I did sort of wonder why SSMG had ordered a box of 720 Moist Wipes.
There's 2 feet of snow out my window. Beautiful, glamorous, sophisticated publicist friend is here visiting, and I know she's wondering why, with Boston only an hour away, I stay home all the time. But to me, the thought of venturing out in 8 degree weather on snowy roads is just not at all appealing.
So when I didn't show up for my appointment at Cressey, they didn't call me to find out where I was.
And when I didn't show up for my chiropractor appointment yesterday, they didn't call to find out where I was.
I've found a replacement for my shifts at the vet's office, so I'm not working there for three weeks.
I got an article assigned to me over a week ago that I won't start until next week.
I'm doing nothing, I'm not going anywhere, and I'm not showing up for any appointments. I am, I declare, temporarily out of service.
TEMPORARILY OUT OF SERVICE
WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE

No comments: