Thursday, November 8, 2007

Muffin & Sam have a house guest

Winslow is staying with us for a few days. Winslow looks just like Muffin but about 1/4 of her size, thin, sleek and young. It must be a little hard for Muffin to have him around. A reminder of her young days when she was thin and sleek herself. Now she's a chubby old lady with a respiratory condition. Poor Moo. Sam's indifferent. I thought he might have a little boy crush on Winslow, but I guess not. Poor Winslow. No one wants to play with him. He got stuck with the old, boring dogs. These poor, poor dogs. Everyone's unhappy.
I have a new job. I'm a shoe salesman. Check out www.inov-8.com. These are shoes for ultramarathoners. People who run like 50 miles or more at a time. I think they hired me because they think I'm an outdoor athlete or something. I guess I presented myself that way in my interview. Well, now I have to go on runs with the woman who is my boss and pretend that I'm nimble and coordinated on the trails. Needless to say... Today I tripped on a rock and went sprawling forward and almost took her down with me. I think she's questioning her hiring choice.

No comments: