Monday, April 16, 2007

Hairy Leg & Goodbye to Bubble Girl

My leg is kind of hairy, but really it's not in bad shape. The horror stories from friends and concerned parties were apparently just to instill in me the fear of God and shoot me down a notch in my bubble. No putrid smell, my calf muscle didn't atrophy into a twig, and aside from some dry skin, I think everything's intact. I'll exfoliate and shave tonight and be as good as new. Well except for the fact that I still can't start running until it heals, which will be around mid-June. Goodbye Chicago marathon.
In other good news, the rotator cuff is tendinitis that will heal if I leave it alone and do little arm raises with one pound weights. I've been doing arm raises, but with ten pound weights. The doctor says that's not good. Too heavy exacerbates the problem.
I can swim, I can bike, I can do the machines at the gym, basically, there's no excuse now for me to not exercise every day like in the old days.
In other news, SSM guy and I just spent an awesome weekend together at his house, and I learned how to drive a stick shift. So things are pretty dandy at the moment and I'm quitting while I'm ahead. Bubble Girl is signing off. For good. Or until something tragic happens and I need an outlet.
Love and xxxxxxxxx's.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

for jean's dirty-minded friends: the stick shift in question is attached to a subaru.

for everyone: did you all know that she's the perfect woman? you should probably worship her.

i do :-)

Bubble Girl said...

I don't know if leaving a comment on my own blog is considered blogsturbation, but do you believe SSM Guy? Is he real? How'd I get so lucky?

Anonymous said...

Yea! Your cast is off! Congratulations! Now you don't have to worry about a weirdo leg tan. You just have to be disciplined enough to lift smaller weights with your sore shoulder. That should be easy for you--not! Oh, wait a minute, I am forgetting that you are the "perfect woman". OMG!

But it is very cool that you are so happy--despite the fact that the stick was attached to a Subaru.

Looking forward to seeing you, your naked leg and of course, "the perfect man" one day soon.

Bubble Girl said...

And I would like to add that I didn't pay ssm guy to say this. :)

Anonymous said...

well, if you are/were the bubble girl and SSM Guy has come into your world, he could arguably be the bubble boy! what a find! and yes, you both deserve the luck and grace to have found each other!